Saturday, August 28, 2010

I should be in bed right now...

Given that I want to be up at at 'em before traffic descends on the roads around my house tomorrow. I attempting my first OUTDOOR 9 miler (not counting having run the distances in half marathons) since I did my earlier training almost exclusively on the treadmill (yikes!) due to either extremes in temperature (cold and/or my favorite southern HEAT and HUMIDITY) and my fear of hills. My neighborhood has some monsters and they scare me, but I *think* the route I have mapped out for tomorrow minimizes these. The route takes me on roads I am familiar with in terms of driving but not largely ones that make up the routes I take with Matt and the dogs. I do loop back by my house at mile 4.5 so I feel better that I am never too far away from home. I probably should not admit this on a public forum but Matt is out of town this weekend and he would probably kick my ass if he knew my plans to run down Hwy 31 for brief intervals...good thing he doesn't read this! I will have my phone and ID though, which makes me feel better.

FINALLY reinstalled my iTunes (it wasn't AS bad as I had imagined but still a little bit of a pain to recreate playlists) and downloaded a few new songs. Still haven't gotten around to purchasing a hand held water bottle but I'm thinking the 24 oz camelback bottle will do for tomorrow. My Garmin also has not arrived yet, but I will manage. Knowing general mile markers around the route will hopefully keep me in check. I am kind of excited to see who else will be on the road early tomorrow. I am notoriously an evening runner during the week, so I'm entering new territory! And with that, I really should go to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment