Monday, November 1, 2010

To run or not to run?

After an 18 (turned 19) miler yesterday, this weekend is a step back weekend...14 miles. I just realized that the Vulcan Run (10K) is this Saturday. Do we think it's a good idea to run 8 around my usual stomping ground, then drive downtown for an 8am 10K? (And running in downtown Birmingham beforehand is NOT in the cards due to safety reasons)

*If I'm being realistic it would probably take 20 minutes to get downtown and then another 10 to park/walk/jog to the start

2 comments:

  1. Why not? As long as you're not married to a particular time for the 10K, I'd say give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely not worried about time...it's more about shaking up the training and trying some new routes. I'm more worried about putting pressure on myself to get up (no flex time or hitting snooze if I have to be at the start by 8am)

    ReplyDelete